Wordpress is one of the most popular target for hackers and spammers. It is one of the most user-friendly website platform available in the industry. According to WP White Security, more than 70% of WordPress installations are vulnerable to hacker attacks and the total number of hacked WordPress websites in 2012 was a whopping 170,000. This figure is growing every year.
Install secured wordpress plugins
After Finishing wordpress installation , you should install necessary plugins to your theme and some security plugins ( Sucuri , iThemes , Wordfence ) to be installed to stop hacking and spamming.
Use complicated password
Avoid using common password to your wordpress sites , because anyone can unlock your control panel by providing your common know informations.
Most importantly never use “admin” as your username and password.
- Use a mixture of Numeric and alphabets
- The passwords must include symbols like $,@,%
- Use both Lower and capital-case alphabets
- Password must be lengthy at least 8 words. The longer the password, the better for you
- Don’t ever use your or website name as the password
- Don’t use only numeric words or just the alphabets
- Never use your phone, vehicle number or house address
- Most importantly never use dictionary words or combinations of dictionary words
Safeguard your Admin Panel
By protecting your admin panel , nobody can penetrate into your site at any-cost. You can choose specific id as your login address by doing that, the request from that specific id alone can able to access the website , other ip’s can’t access.In this way, you add a specified IP address in the .htaccess file.
- Now login to your hosting control panel and then click on the “File Manager”.
- Find the .htaccess in the WordPress installation directory and Edit it.
- Add the below codes and paste your IP address in place of the 00.000.000.000.
Deny from all
Allow from 000.00.000.00 (your specified id )
Scanning your site regularly can find out the security risks. Sucuri Security scanners is a free tool to locate the security risks. this will check your website for SPAM or any Malware, Blacklisting, and firewall and also put your site address in the google safe browsing and it will generate the report that if your site has malicious contents or not . These are the simple,easy and effective ways to secure your wordpress site