To brand your business or your product in the online world Digital marketing is the only option. Recently digital marketing has gained more attention from all entrepreneurs.
To drive traffic to your website there are two possible strategies in digital marketing. One is Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and the other one is Pay Per Click (PPC).
These two categories are also known as Search Engine Marketing (SEM). Every Entrepreneur should always have a strong idea to know which will be effective for their business. In this article, We will explore the battle between SEO and PPC, and help you to decide which one is more effective for your marketing campaign.
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization is the organic way to improve your search traffic. Following the search engine algorithm is a good sign to improve your website visibility. Some key points for a good SEO is:
- To develop a User-friendly content
- To follow the search engine guidelines
What is PPC?
Pay Per click acts an advertising tool where one should pay for each click on their ads. PPC is the inorganic way to improve your search traffic. But it is also one of the effective strategies in digital marketing. Some key points to run a good campaign is:
- To target the right keywords
To set a good Cost per click
Which is More Effective : SEO or PPC
To know which will be effective, ensure that you have strong business goals. Consult a Best digital Marketing company to know more about effective ways to shine in the online world. Let us discuss more the Plus and minus of each method to help you make an informed decision.
Advantages and Disadvantages of SEO
- Long-Term Results: Once your webpage has got ranked top in the SERP, You will get organic traffic to your website for a long time period.
- Trust Factor: Top search engine-ranked website is always considered a trustable one. This helps in getting traffic to your website organically.
- Cost Effective: Unlike PPC, SEO does not require you to pay for each click. This makes it a cost-effective method of driving traffic to your website for the long term.
- High in competition: If the targeted industry has more competitors then it will take more time to outrank them.
- Algorithm Change: For every time period search engine algorithm will get updated. One should always set a mind-blowing strategy to get adapt to the latest trends.
- Takes Time: SEO is a never-ending process and it will take more time to see results. Sometimes it may take three months or even a year to rank top on the search page.
Advantages and Disadvantages of PPC
- Bullseye Targeting: With the help PPC one can target their exact audience based on their demographics, Geographic location and age. This method helps you to reach your ad to interested users.
- Immediate Results: Unlike SEO, PPC can deliver you instant results. By setting up a good campaign your page will be appearing in the top of the SERP. This method can lead to high conversions.
- Take Control: In PPC, You have total control of your Ad and the targeting option. You can pause it or resume your Ad whenever needed.
- No long Term Results: Compared with SEO, PPC does not provide long-term results. After stop running your Ads, Simultaneously Traffic will be low.
- High Cost: If your targeted business has more competitors then you need to have a solid budget to compete with them. In this case PPC can be more expensive.
- Update Constantly: To keep your campaigns effective one should constantly update their targeting option. Having the same targeting option will lead to Ad blindness.