Page Speed considers one of the key factors for SEO ranking. To optimize the perfect loading speed a website needs to consider various aspects.
Does website page speed boost SEO? Yes. The fast-loading web page is a key factor considering ranking in search engine results in pages. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) includes different aspects to rank the correct web page based on different aspects.
Here in this article, we cover some of the major reasons why improving website speed helps to rank better in search engines for targeted keywords.
What is page speed?
Page speed or site speed will let you know the time taken for a website to load its content completely. This also includes the images, videos, and scripts that have been incorporated into the website. There are six major factors that are responsible for page speed.
• LCP – Largest contentful Paint
• FIP – First Input Delay
• CLS – Cumulative Layout Shift
• FCP – First Contentful Paint
• INP – Interaction to Next Paint
• TTFB – Time to First Byte
Why Page Speed Matters For SEO?
To provide a better On Page user experience Page speed is always considered an important factor. A webpage that loads within 2.5-3 seconds will have a better user experience.
Having a site with low page speed will nowhere help the users to interact with your webpage. This will lead to a high bounce rate and having a higher bounce rate will straight away affect your SEO ranking.
According to Google’s Algorithm, Website that provides better user experience and page speed are rewarded with higher rankings on SERP.
How to Measure the page speed
Tools like Google page speed insights, GTmetrix, and Pingdom will help you to measure the website page speed. Above mentioned tools will provide a detailed report about the website performance.
The above tools also highlight the areas that need improvement and how to optimize the website speed.
Factors that affect page speed
• Hosting: To load a website quickly, hosting is a crucial factor. Choosing an established hosting provider will help the website to load quickly.
• Images and videos: Having a larger file of images and videos on a web page will affect the site speed.
• Plugins: Using unwanted plugins can slow down the website. Use only necessary plugins
• Website designs and scripts: Excessive use of scripts and knotty web design has a high possibility to slow down the website.
Benefits of improving your page speed for SEO
• Crawling Frequency: Fast-loading websites have been getting Crawled by Google bots. This will help the website to get indexed faster and reach higher rankings.
• Better Mobile Experience: Having a mobile-friendly website and high page speed will lead to more engagement.
• Higher Rankings: As per the Google update in 2010, having a high-loading speed website is rewarded with a high ranking on SERP.
Tips for improving page speed
• Enable Compression: Compressing the size of the files that are transferred from the server and user browser.
• Use CDN: Content delivery network helps the website content to distribute to multiple servers.
• Reduce Redirects: Too much of redirects will slow down the website speed. Avoid unnecessary redirects.
• Image Optimization: Using significant and compressed images will help the web page load quickly
Conclusion: In this modern era, Users always prefer a website that loads quickly. Always ensure that Website should not only look good but also load faster. By following the above factors, benefits, and Tips you can improve your page speed. To maintain your SEO rankings always monitor and optimize the website performance.